DVIDS-News-Phoenix recruiters provide necessary medical assistance after crash

2021-11-12 07:42:33 By : Mr. Wiikk Wiikk

(E.g. yourname@email.com)

Photo courtesy of Alun Thomas | Staff Sergeant Jeremy Frame, Recruiter, Superstition Recruitment Station, Tempe Recruitment...Read moreRead more

Photo courtesy of Alun Thomas | Staff Sergeant Jeremy Frame, recruiter, Tempe Recruiting Company's superstitious recruitment station, the photo is shown in the official Army profile photo on June 1. Frame is a combat medic who provided necessary medical assistance after a car accident in Phoenix on June 13. Frame is able to help the injured driver and help him before emergency services arrive. (Image provided) Rare | View image page

Phoenix—For the staff sergeant, it was a long Sunday. Jeremy frame. He finished sending a group of future soldiers at the processing station of the Phoenix Army, ready to go home to rest. However, Frame's day has just begun. When he accidentally had a car accident that resulted in a seriously injured driver, he would be tested with his background as an Army medic. Fortunately, Frame's experience is critical to providing critical first aid to drivers before emergency services arrive on the scene. Tempe Recruitment Company Superstitious Recruitment Station recruiter Frame said that it was around 4 pm on June 13 when he noticed that a car was apparently pushed out of an oncoming intersection. "When I approached the intersection, I noticed that the car was not pushed. It had just been hit and was stopping. The front quarter panel of the car was badly damaged and the airbag was deployed," Frame said. "I immediately parked the car on the side of the road and ran to the intersection where the car was. I wanted to make sure that anyone in the car was okay and was removed for further safety." After reaching the damaged vehicle, Frame heard the inside of the car. There was a cry for help. "I opened the driver's door and saw a man lying on the center console and then lying on the passenger seat," Frame continued. "I grabbed his shoulder and explained that we must get out of the car and leave the road so that we won't be hit." At this moment, Frame saw the man's left forearm bleeding heavily and there was a large pool of blood on the car seat. "His left forearm was broken a few inches above his wrist, and the bone protruded from his skin. I instructed the man to push his arm to his chest and support it with his uninjured arm," Frame recalled road. "When I helped him from the car, I told the patient that I was a military doctor in the army and I was here to help him." Once Frame removed the man from the car safely, he was able to better evaluate His injury and witness the severity of the injury. "When he lowered his arm, it continued to spray blood on his body and sidewalks. At this point, I realized that it was arterial bleeding from his ulnar or radial artery," Frame said. "I pulled down my belt and started wrapping it around the brachial artery of his upper left arm as tightly as possible." Frame then realized that he had nothing to fasten the belt and was forced to improvise. He added: "I took off my shirt and decided to use it as a tourniquet. I tied it high and tight because the doctor was always taught." "After tightening the temporary tourniquet and knotting it, I Checked his injury to see if the bleeding has stopped. At this point, the blood has changed from a bright red splash to a continuous dark drop." Several bystanders stopped to help Frame and help support the victim's head. In case he passed out and hit his head on the sidewalk. This allows Frame to collect medical supplies from his own car. "I grabbed whatever I could find and ran back to the patient. I applied Kerlix gauze and tie to the patient's wound. This helped slow the bleeding but did not stop it," Frame said. "When I finished dressing his wounds, the firefighters arrived and began to dismount." Frame quickly informed the firefighters of the driver's injury and the ongoing arterial bleeding. From there they were able to protect victims who were evacuated to Maricopa County Trauma Center. "The firefighters who treated the patients thanked me for everything I did," Frame said. "This is the most serious patient I have ever treated in a non-combat environment. I am grateful to be able to help him." Frame said that a few days after the accident, he checked the injured man to see how well he recovered and was able to interact with him. He got in touch. "A few days after the incident, I wanted to know the condition of this person, so I called the trauma center and talked to a patient advocate," he said. "Ironically, the woman I was talking to was working on the afternoon this patient was brought in. Due to HIPAA laws, she could not provide me with any information about him, but kept my personal information down. I'm down." "A few days later, I received a call from a person named Trey. He introduced himself and explained that he was the person I helped after the car accident that day, and thanked me for helping save his life. "Frame continued. "I explained that I was not seeking gratitude, but wanted to know that he was okay." "He smiled and said, "My mother said that I had an angel taking care of me that day, and that angel is you." We talked a few times Minutes, because he explained that he was removed from the ICU after the first operation and plans to have a second operation the next day." Frame appreciates the medical skills the military has taught him and appreciates the opportunity to help him in any way To serve and assist his community. "I chose to be an Army medic because I like to help people in any situation. It is a great feeling to be able to fulfill my role as a doctor and help my community members at the same time," Frame said. "This is another way for me to show my support to community members who have always supported me."

For this work, Phoenix recruiters provide necessary medical assistance after the crash, and Alun Thomas determined by DVIDS must comply with the restrictions shown on https://www.dvidshub.net/about/copyright.